Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yasmin Ellis

Everytime I pop into Craft Victoria to deliver some stock, I always spend time checking out the jewellery and getting excited by the cool new work for sale at Counter.
Last time the amazing pieces by Mornington jeweller Yasmin Ellis caught my eye.Yasmin uses the humble tape measure and sculpts it into beautiful swirly designs.

Bluebirds, owls, berries, fish, deer, stormy clouds. All these gorgeous brooches, necklaces and earrings come presented on a handtyped notecard for that personal touch.Yasmin has a cute blog too, with all her posts also presented as handtyped notes.As well as Craft Victoria, Yasmin's work can be found at Arbour, Queen, Pomme , Design a Space and Etsy.

Yasmin also makes colourful rings , perfect for the crafty person in your life!
And my Favorite?..........this sweet Bluebird of Happiness necklace.

7 comments:

  1. Mine too! Divine. These pieces are lovely (& so is this blog).

    Great work Betty Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh these are so charming! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid I used to endlessly curl tape measures into shapes. I love this work, Yasmin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Yasmin's jewellery is utterly devine! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're awesome yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Those rings are fantastic... off to see where i may be able to purchase one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these so wonderful. thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete